Getting Divorced in Utah: How do I do it?
It isn’t a topic we love to think about, but when the topic comes knocking at your door out of necessity, the process can be intimidating and overwhelming. I’ve been thinking a lot about it lately as I find many people needing to buy or sell a home because of a divorce. It isn’t something they prepare you for in school. It isn’t something we plan for. Yet the census reports indicate that about 50% of marriages end in divorce.
So…How do you get divorced in Utah?
I plan to explore this in a series of blogs using the Utah Courts government website as my primary source. My hope is to give people a little more information in bite sized pieces so that their decisions and plans can be well informed.
Click on the following links to find out more about how to get divorced in Utah.
- Is Marriage Counseling Required?
- Am I Eligible for Divorce in Utah?
- Do I Need to Hire an Attorney?
- What is a Divorce Going to Cost Me?
- How Do I Start the Process of Getting Divorced?
- Do We Have to Go to Trial?
- What are the Tax Implications of Divorce?
- What Will Happen to Our Property and Assets?
- How Will Our Debt be Divided?
- How is Alimony Determined?
- What about Child Custody?
Good luck in your search for answers. I hope this is helpful.
If you find yourself needing assistance buying or selling a home, my team can help you.
Call Chris: 435-313-3966
Or Visit: www.whystgeorge.com
**I am not an attorney and am in no way trying to give legal advice or practice law. The information on this website is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.