Can you really be considered a “Dixie-ite” if you’ve never been to the Lion’s Dixie Round-up Rodeo? I don’t know. But if you haven’t been, it is time to go a get initiated. The Round-up is Sept 11-13 (2014) and is great fun for all ages. It is held in the historic St. George Sun Bowl on 100 South and 400 East. You can get your tickets ahead of time at the Lion’s club house (Monday Sep. 8 thru Saturday Sep. 13), just north of the Sun Bowl or buy them at the gate. You should know, however, that if you are in general seating, it can be crowded. My advice is to go early, buy some hot dogs, make it a dinner and rodeo night.
We love to take our kids down during the day and look at all the animals. This, of course, is free and the kids love to see the horses and bulls. We also enjoy the parades. In the past they have had a general parade and a children’s parade, but this year they are combined into one. Check it out. It is one of the most well attended parades throughout the year.
Parade Time and Location:
- Saturday, Sep. 13, 5:00 pm. Runs along Tabernacle Street, Main street to 400 East.
- 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm: gates open and entertainment begins
- 8:00 pm: rodeo begins
- General Admission-Adults $10, Children (11 and under) $5, Children age two and under (lap sitters) are free
- Thursday is Kids night so children (11 and under) are FREE.
- Reserved Seating—All seats $15
You may reserve tickets early over the phone using a credit card. Call 435-673-3301
Find out more by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the rodeo hotline 435-632-2136
Let us help you with your real estate needs.
Call Chris at 435-313-3966
Or visit www.whystgeorge.com